Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Do you wake up feeling tired and run down? Do you have generalized pain throughout your body that doesn’t seem to improve? Do you wake up multiple times a night and fight getting back to sleep? These are classic symptoms of fibromyalgia. If caught early and treated appropriately fibromyalgia pain can resolve or at least be controlled. BioMagnetic Pair Therapy complemented with Shiatsu Massage is a very effective and gentle approach in the relief of fibromyalgia pain.
Fibromyalgia is associated with a wide spectrum of symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.Not everyone has all of these symptoms. The first four symptoms however, must be present in order to have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia.
- Generalized body pain of 3 or more month’s duration.
- Widespread pain on both sides of the body, above and below the waist
- Pain at 11 out of 18 predictable “tender points”
- Sleep disturbance
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Diffuse muscle and joint pain which increases withactivity
- Fatigue often accompanied by a “hazy” or “foggy” sensationInability
- Inability to concentrate often leading to anxiety and frustration
- Numbness in various body regions (often transient).
- Irritable bowel can and digestive problems.
- Tension headaches and/or migraine headaches
- TMJ syndrome
It is interesting to note that Fibromyalgia sufferers are typically women. Because Fibromyalgia has no readily visible signs, for many years women complaining of Fibromyalgia pain were dismissed by physicians as having imaginary pain, although that reaction is much less prevalent today.
Find Out How We Can Help You
At Shiatsu Toronto we are happy to answer all your questions. If you are considering a treatment or have questions about whether Shiatsu Massage Therapy, Biomagnetic pair Therapy or Medical Qigong can help your physical ailment or medical condition, call Carlos at 416-788-3187 or email us using the email form below.
If you’re a new client, ask about our introductory offer.